Twizzlers 2 Toilet Paper takes a stand against hunger

The Twizzlers 2 Toilet Paper drop box in classroom F2
The Twizzlers 2 Toilet Paper drop box in       classroom F2

Liquid Club’s new fundraiser, Twizzlers 2 Toilet Paper, is collecting canned food and non-perishable food items, travel-size hygiene products such as toothbrushes and bottled water/juice.

The fundraiser runs from Apr. 22 to May 10. Drop off boxes are located in the cafeteria, library, and rooms D5 and F2. There are also labeled boxes set around campus for food/toiletries.

“We can help the community using stuff we would have at home. You can bring bottled water from your pantry or grab extra toilet paper at the store. Anything you can bring will help less fortunate families in Sacramento,” freshman Kristen El Sayegh said.

All of the collected items will be made into care packages and donated to the less fortunate in Sacramento through the Sacramento Dream Center.

The Sacramento Dream Center is a volunteer organization who seeks to restore peoples’ lives and rebuild their relationship with God in the Sacramento area. To find out more about how you can get involved in the Dream Center visit: http://www.sacramentodreamcenter.org/

“We wanted to support this fundraiser because we thought it would be a good idea to get our school to give back to the community in a tangible and immediate way. You know exactly what you are giving and exactly what you are giving to,” club president Kayla Krogh said.

by OLIVIA GRAHL