Valentine’s Day not always sweet

Photo Illustration by Sarah Nichols.

During Valentine’s Day there is a song that can relate to just about anyone. Taylor Swift is a known individual who a lot of people can relate to her through her music.

She has won 59 awards out of 87 nominations, has sold over a million CDs throughout the world and writes songs that relate to a major population of teenagers and young adults. Her songs range from being in love to going through a break up to falling for a friend but then not feeling the same and even liking a celebrity. The celebrity in question, as many already know, is Taylor Lautner, who Swift briefly dates in 2009. Taylor Lautner for some is the newest teen hearthrob. For her and others he could be the perfect example of her new song “Superstar.”

“Superstar”-

. . . You smile that beautiful smile
and all the girls in the front row scream your
name
So dim that spotlight, tell me things like
I can’t take my eyes off of you
I’m no one special, just another wide-eyed girl
Who’s desperately in love with you
Give me a photograph to hang on my wall
Superstar. . .

While their are songs about crushing on a public figure there is also keeping a secret hidden about liking that special someone in an individuals life. The best song of Taylor’s to describe is her song “I’d Lie”.

“I’d Lie”-

And if you asked me if I love him, I’d lie 
He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn’t a light go on?
Doesn’t he know that I’ve had him memorized for so long?
He sees everything black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don’t let nobody see me wishing he was mine.

Relationships ending in a hard way can be described from her song “White Horse”. When someone believes in the happily ever after fairytale, when reality of separation sets in it can be described as her hit song White Horse.

White Horse-

I’m not a princess, this ain’t a fairy tale
I’m not the one you’ll sweep off her feet,
Lead her up the stairwell
This ain’t Hollywood, this is a small town,
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it’s too late for you
And your white horse, to come around.

Taylor Swift creates songs teenagers can relate to. She has created a version of the classic Romeo and Juliet story with a happy ending called “Love Story.”

“The whole song is about fighting for true love and happiness and that’s what we all do each day. There’s so much drama and disapproval to deal with in our lives but this song just proves that you can end up with the fairytale,” Mikayla Hisey said.

Girls believe in the fairy tales from the love stories that are told. The new movie that came out last Friday just two days before Valentine’s Day is called none other than “Valentine’s Day.” With an all-star cast including Taylor Swift in her film movie acting debue. She also has a new song that is featured in the movie titled “Today Was a Fairytale.” It is about spending a day with a special person that makes one feel special and believe in themselves and towards true love.

By PAIGE SMITH