Senior Ball was a ‘taste Of Italy’

Senior Ball is a time for mixed feelings of fun, loss of adolescence, and a flashback of memories. It is the last dance of senior year, but not everyone who went to senior ball is a senior. Underclassmen may attend Senior Ball with their older peers, but they must meet certain requirements to enjoy the night.

To attend Senior Ball, which was located at the Masonic Temple  in Sacramento on May 12, 2012, one had to clear all detentions, have both student’s parents sign paperwork, and purchase the $65 tickets unless they had an ASB card in which case it was $60 . This had to be done in week. To buy the actual ticket is another long process in itself. To purchase the ticket for “A Taste of Italy” patience was needed but the long process was worth it because of the amazing night.

“Daniel Colombo asked me to senior ball. It was exciting because of the friendship we share,” sophomore Alina Templeton said.

Throughout high school people meet friends of all different grades. Seniors become close to  underclassmen and want one last night to live it up and have as much fun as they can.

“Alina is a good friend and I enjoy her company so I knew she was who I should ask,” senior Daniel Colombo said.

Seniors want to pick the person they feel will enjoy the night with them because it is such a memorable event and people aren’t going to forget it.

“I am glad I went with [Reece Dauer] because it created great memories with a great friend,” sophomore Kelsey Scott said.

Seniors aren’t the only ones who want memoris  but so do their younger peers. Underclassmen will stay at high school while their graduated friends move on to different endeavors. All that matters for that night is to have fun. Each person can hold onto the memory of dancing they did and the fun they had , no matter where their life takes them.

Like every major dance there is a King and Queen. This year’s Senior Ball Queen was Sheila Perkins her Prom King was Benji Truong, but Truong didn’t attend. So the runner up JT Hirsch, who is dating Sheila Perkins, won the crown. A magical night was full of dance and laughter and created a happily ever after sort of feeling with “ A Taste of Italy”.

BY: Ryan Monahan & Jordan Baker