The ‘Sixth Sense’ Wearable Computer

Computers, cell phones, Internet, iPods, CDs are all just some of the new technologies that have been invented in the last century.  From cassettes to CDs,  pay phones to cell phones, large room-sized computers to the new Macs that are only an inch wide. The newest thing that technology has had to offer is the new ‘Sixth Sense’ Wearable Computer.

“I feel they should wait a little longer for new products, so we can learn more about them and enjoy them without having pressure to buy the newest product,” Ceanna Richards said.

The ‘Sixth Sense’ Wearable Computer is combined with a web cam, an Internet connected smart phone, as well as a mini-projector, all connected together and worn around the neck. 

According to Fox News online, Pranav Mistry, an electronic engineer at MIT, and Pattie Maes, invented this wearable computer.

To use a ‘Sixth Sense’ Wearable Computer one needs to have a web cam to be plugged into an Internet-enabled cell phone which can be placed in pant pockets. What happens is that when someone has an object in a hand or on a shelf, the web cam detects it and it sends a signal through the phone and it finds information about the book, CD, movie, story — even food information.
Not only does the ‘Sixth Sense’ give out information about a product; it is also able to take pictures and show the time. To take a picture with this new technology, one has colored tape on their thumbs and index finger and they make a box shape and the camera takes a shot when it sees the motion. To check the time, one simply creates a tracking motion with their wrist and the time appears.

At the moment one is able to create it if they have the materials needed at home or for $350. According to news.com.au the product is being released to the public in 2011 and being called the WUW which stands for “Wear Ur World.”

“I would totally use this because this invention is awesome. It’s unbelievable that it can take pictures, give book reviews, videos on newspaper articles and so much more! It may be $350 but with this kind of tool, every dollar is worth it,” Mason Hawkins said.  ‘

BY PAIGE SMITH