Five places hiring for seasonal jobs

With the upcoming holidays many stores are looking for new employees to help around the store. Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels.

Seasonal jobs are a great way to earn money for holiday shopping, to gain experience for a resume or to save up for the items in a student’s shopping cart. 

“It’s always a good idea to have some sort of extracurricular activities especially that can help you have something to put on your college applications, colleges like to see what else you were doing while during school such as holding down a job and it can really teach a lot of responsibility and gives kids the experience to have their own money and manage their own money,” Counselor Rosin Leroy said. 

Students also recommend getting a job based on their personal experience.

“I got a job [at Taco Bell] because I wanted to rely more on my hard work and hours instead of my parents for money. I like having a job, and recommend other people get one, because I’ve met more people and I’ve become more mature by talking to my managers and learning how to handle money,” Gio Ella said. 

Here are five seasonal jobs hiring teenagers that do not require experience. More additional jobs can be found on Indeed and company websites:  

Chick-Fil-A (Pleasant Grove): kitchen team member

Primary duties: cooking food, assembling sandwiches, operating drive-thru window, uploading deliveries and maintaining a clean store environment. If you are hard-working, team-oriented, friendly and honest, this is the job for you. 

Target (Roseville or Lincoln): team member

From general merchandise and food sales to guest advocate, there are plenty of opportunities and positions available at Target. If you are looking to work independently and as part of a team, click here to apply. 

Jordan Kuzyanov, a current Target team member, explains why he got a job and how he likes it. “I got a job because I wanted to be able to pay for all the things I want to do, whenever I want to. I recommend getting a job because it makes life easier and it feels good to make your own money,” Kuzyanov said. 

Chipotle (Rocklin Commons): restaurant team member–crew

Primary duties: taking orders, preparing meals, packaging food items and ringing up customer purchases. This job is best for those who have a desire to learn to cook and have an enthusiastic attitude. 

Hot Topic (Roseville Galleria): sales associate 

Primary duties: Cover the sales floor zone and ensure that assigned areas are up to visual standards. You’ll also work the register; processing sales transactions and use your fashion knowledge to drive add on sales. 

Jamba: team member

Primary duties: creating an exciting environment for all customers, consistently making and serving all products to specifications, execute proper portion control with all ingredients and adhering to all food, safety and security guidelines while respecting company assets. All employees are required to obtain a food handlers card as well.

After getting hired, it’s required for students under the age of 18 to obtain a work permit.

LeRoy said, “Once [a student] gets a job, they can get a work permit from the front office. They would bring that form to their new employer and the employer fills it out and then they bring it back to the school. Then [the school] will type it up and they’ll have a work permit to return to their employer.”

by KATIE LOMBA & CHLOE PRUDHOE