College and Career Center welcomes Randazzo

Randazzo working in the College & Career Center. Photo by Haley Doyle.

Wanting to spend more time with her family, College and Career Center technician Mrs. Bert Bryant retired in early January. However, her retirement has brought along a friendly, new face to campus. 

“All of us in the Counseling Center are happy to welcome [Mrs.] Sally Randazzo to WHS as our new College and Career Center technician. She has worked part-time in the Career Center at Rocklin for the past 11 years, so she is coming to us with a wealth of knowledge and skills to assist our students with scholarships, college admission and career information,” head counselor Mrs. Julie Poe said.
Randazzo said she is looking forward to making this campus her new part-time home.
“I do still work at Rocklin on Wednesdays, but I will be at Whitney every Tuesday and Thursday. Everyone has been very welcoming here — both students and staff. I’m excited to help the students at Whitney,” Randazzo said.
During this transition period, Randazzo is trying her best to keep everything in order.
“I have enjoyed my two weeks here, but I still need to get organized and see what works best at WHS,” Randazzo said.
On days when Randazzo is not on campus, students are still able to get what they need.
“The [College and Career Center] door will be closed, but if students need access to something, they can kindly ask [Counseling Center secretary] Mrs. [Tish] Chung and she can open the door or assist them in any way. If they want a hold of me, the best thing to do is to email me. As for tutoring, that will only be on Tuesdays and Thursdays until 3:30 p.m., starting next week. So, we’ll see how that goes,” Randazzo said.
 Originally from Michigan, Randazzo is proud to have two daughters, Sara and Dina. She also loves to travel and she has a degree in fashion merchandising. Her intention to pursue a career in fashion merchandising was put on hold after she realized that the job would be too demanding for her and her family.
“It wasn’t the right career because I am so family-oriented. I wanted to spend time with my kids instead of working many hours. I always enjoyed parent-volunteering, but as my kids and I got older, there was less opportunity for that. I saw that the College and Career Center [at Rocklin] needed volunteers, so that’s how this started. I met Mrs. [Julie] Poe there and got to work with her. A job position later became available, and I accepted it. I still only work part-time, but that’s how I want it. Being able to spend as much time with my family as possible is very important to me,” Randazzo said.
Randazzo said she is excited to help even more students here and she hopes to make the College and Career Center accessible to all students.
“I want everyone to have easy access to things in the Center so that it is user-friendly. My main goal is to make the College and Career Center a place that students want to come in and hang out at lunch or break or whenever. I’m more than willing to help the kids or even just talk. I want to make it a fun place where people can come and feel comfortable. I will try my best to service the kids while only being here two days a week,” Randazzo said.