Powder Puff Games Pack Stadium

IMG_0948     The football is being thrown… by the girls? That’s right. Powder puff has arrived. 

The 2009 homecoming week began with the traditional powder puff game. The boys grabbed the pom poms, and the girls took the field. At 6:30 on Oct. 19, the freshmen and sophomores battled for spirit points. The game was scoreless at the end of the first half, but this didn’t discourage the half-time cheer leading.

“The sophomores were awesome! They killed everyone else! They were so much better than last year’s cheerleaders,” said sophomore Jessie North.

After halftime, the ladies started the second half, but the score continued to be 0-0. What would happen if the game ended in a tie? This predicament never called for an answer because in the last few minutes, the sophomore team pulled through with a touchdown, ending the game with a score of 6-0.

“We were screaming and cheering and going crazy after we won,” said sophomore Jennifer Golditch.

The underclassmen cleared the field, and the sophomores left victorious. 7:30 arrived, and the upperclassmen ran onto the football field. The juniors took the field in purple, and the seniors took the other side of the field in red. Within the first five seconds, a touchdown was scored… by the juniors.

The seniors retaliated with a touchdown of their own, but they came short of a victory. The juniors claimed the champion title with a score of 22-14. The juniors were ecstatic, as well as their coach.
     Although the victory was celebrated by the juniors, the seniors were not as happy.

“I was so upset because we lost,” said senior Jessica Hidalgo.

The juniors stole the title, and this heats up the competition of homecoming 2009.

By SARAH TUCCI