Get Excited for Mr. WHS 2016

As the curtains unfold, the host announces the beginning of the Mr. WHS show. This year, 11 contestants are participating. They will perform various acts and talents in order to compete for the title and crown of Mr. WHS. The event is at Jan. 28 in the theater at 7 p.m.

This is how the voting system works: Everyone can vote by putting coins in the respective jars, people can also downvote by putting dollar bills in the competitors’ jars. For example, putting a quarter would upvote the contestant by 25 points, downvoting with a dollar bill would set him back 100 points. The amount of upvotes and downvotes will be taken into account to the judge’s scoresheet.

It is also possible to vote by participating in the social media contest. Take a picture with one of the contestants and post it on Twitter or Instagram, tag @detailsyearbook and put #MrWHS2016

This is an fundraising event hosted by Whitney High Student Media to keep the publications free for everyone.

“The students worked so hard to produce [the show] every year it becomes more fun behind the scenes, watching it take shape,” Journalism teacher Sarah Nichols said.

This is the ninth installment to the annual event.

“I’m really excited to get on stage to perform for the last time with my friends,” fourth year contestant Ryan Moffitt said.

“It was chaotic in a good way,” Rachel Marquardt said, referring to last year’s event. She was one of the event organizers of last year’s event, and will be working on the lights for the show this year.

Tickets are $8 at the door.

By JUSTIN KWOK