Boys take the crown for Sadie’s Week

Student’s dance during the Sadie’s dance on March 14. Photo by THERESA KIM

Students piled into the dimly lit gymnasium that flashes bright colorful lights. Some wearing matching outfits with their dates; others dressed in casual clothes hanging out with friends. Whether going with friends or with a date everybody was waiting for the announcement of who was going to win the Battle of the Sexes. Sadie’s week ended with the dance that took place March 14 at 7 p.m.

“It was a rad night, I won’t forget it.I got to be with my friends and dance all night. I can’t think of anything I’d rather do,” Isabel Kurtz said.

Sadie’s week officially started on Tuesday and the Battle of the Sexes was on. Boys and girls were competing against each other in dress up days and during the lunchtime activities, http://storify.com/whitneyupdate/whitney-s-race-to-space.

The galactic theme for Sadie’s had some students dress up in galaxy tights and Star Wars graphic T-shirts.

“I had a really fun time and I still plan on going every year,” Sara Martin said.

Although some songs seemed to be outdated, such as “Get Low” by Lil John and East Side Boyz that gets played at every dance, students still made the best of it.

“I think the music should have been a little better with a faster beat but other than that I had a really fun time,” Martin said.

The results were announced at the dance and the boys took home the crown.

“All I can remember is screaming, ‘No!’ when the DJ announced the boys had won,” Kurtz said.

by SELENA CERVANTES & THERESA KIM