Rita’s flavors and service brings happiness

Daniel Sharrah opens the door of the small shop and a little bell rings signaling that he has entered. As he steps into line, he must choose from italian ice, custard, gelati, blendini and many more frozen treats. Rita’s Ice Custard Happiness does not only have many options for flavors such as Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids, but a variety of frozen desserts to choose from.

“When I first walked in, I felt it was really homey and a place where families would go,” Kacie Nicholson said.

As she first stepped in, she was interested about what Rita’s had to offer.

“I was curious about the bright colors on the menu and what they served,” Nicholson said.

At Rita’s, there are not only hundreds of flavor combinations to choose from, but dessert combinations as well. One of the favorites of more than half of the students in Whitney High Student Media is gelati, a custard and italian ice layered treat.

“Mine had both the ice and the custard on it so it was really weird to taste them both at the same time because they’re such different textures. I was surprised that they tasted good together,” Olivia Grahl said.

With hundreds of custard and italian ice flavors to choose from, all sorts of combinations can be made into favorites.

“The pumpkin flavored ice and chocolate custard is a really unique combination. It tastes really good, surprisingly,” Daniel Sharrah said.

When ordering all of these items, Whitney High Student Media evaluated the service as well. Even though there was only one server at the time, she served with efficiency.

“[The service] was very good, they were very kind and diligent to what I wanted. They always had smiles on their faces,” Sharrah said.

Prices average at five dollars, and if you download the “Rita’s Ice” app or visit the shop, deals and coupons can be found.

“The prices were blunt and straight to the point. I like that because I don’t need to overestimate how much money I need to bring,” Lindsay Lucas said.

When leaving Rita’s, students felt an overall sense of fulfillment, from both their experience and their appetite.

My Movie

story by HALEY BALLESTIN and RACHEL MARQUARDT
Thinglink by
video by CHRYSTEN BURLEIGH ,MADISON HUCKABAY AND SIERRA YOUNG